Skincare is a lifestyle
01 January 0001
Our skincare lifestyle tips:
- Cleanse: Any good skincare regime begins with proper cleansing. We advise everyone to develop a cleansing ritual, which will serve as the necessary foundation of good skincare. Without it, you simply cannot achieve healthy, beautiful skin. Everyone can benefit from double cleansing using a Cosmedix Purity Solution and Benefit Cleanser.
- Exfoliate: Don't make this common mistake of not exfoliating regularly (2- 3 times a week). The expensive serums just won't be able to penetrate. We highly recommend Ultraceuticals Ultra Dual Microfoliant - imagine that powerful enzyme Bromelain (from Pineapples) breaking down those bonds holding the dead skin cells together. Voila - say hello to glowing skin.
- Treat: Using retinols such as Cosmedix Serum 16 or Cosmedix Elite Serum 21 will gradually introduce your skin to medical grade Vitamin A, which is the building block of collagen. When combined with Vitamin C, the two are the key ingredients to regeneration and anti-aging.
- Correct: Serums are the most potent elixirs, lighter in texture with deeper penetration than creams, and they are great for replenishing. They can also extend the life of injectables by replenishing moisture on the outer layer. We prep client's skin who are undergoing skin correcting course of IPL or resurfacing treatments with Cosmedix Elite X-Cell.
- Moisturize: All skin types need hydration and a good moisturizer shields and protects your skin from harmful daily aggressors to keep it young and supple. Our clients love Ultraceuticals Moisturising Cream, formulated with powerful biomimetic ingredients as it helps strengthen the skin's barrier function to provide immediate and long-lasting hydration.
- Hydrate: Drinking water and other liquids often and throughout your day is the best way to keep your body and skin hydrated and supple. Hydrated skin is more elastic and plump, but dehydrated skin is more likely to crack and let in irritants that can cause blemishes.
- Breathe: Oxygen, of course, is crucial to our health and well being. Consciously deep breathing for just a few minutes a day allows our stresses to float away and re-energizes the body. And when we are feeling serene and energized, our skin reflects our inner calm.
- Exercise: Not only does exercise make our bodies look and feel good, but it has numerous benefits for our skin as well. When you exercise, your body releases feel-good chemicals called endorphins, which triggers a positive feeling in the brain, reducing feelings of stress that can be harmful to the skin.
- Eat Well: A healthy, wholesome diet is a key component to looking your best. Eat fresh, complex fruits and vegetables full of vitamins and nutrients and leave behind processed foods and refined sugars. To achieve glowing, happy skin, add foods rich in protein and healthy fatty acids to your diet.
- Sleep Well: There's a reason why they call it beauty sleep! When we’re well rested, everything feels better: our mood, our health, our energy levels and our skin. To fall asleep fast and stay asleep longer, make sure to unplug from all of your devices – an hour before bedtime.
- Stay out of the Sun: Our number one beauty secret! Protect yourself from the sun as prevention is better than cure. We love the fact that Cosmedix Reflect contains nonirritating mineral sunscreen that shields from UV damage and an age-defying peptide that fights harmful free radicals.
- Workouts for the skin: It’s not a guilty pleasure, sporadic indulgence, or ‘beauty treatment’. Just like your body, your skin needs regular workouts to stay healthy and look its best. Ask about our Skin Gym Membership where you will enjoy personal training for your skin monthly and the results will speak for itself.