Why are you spending money on skincare products?
31 July 2017
When was the last time you reviewed your skin care products? Did you just grab them off the shelf when you were doing grocery shopping? Or did you buy online after reading about it on a blog?
Women spend a lot of money trying new products to "fix" their skin and after a while lose track of which product is the actual culprit for causing the skin problems.
In this blog we share with you how to create the perfect skincare regime and to get the most out of your products.
3 main goals of skin care products:
- Preventing further damage both from light/sun and the environment to our skin;
- Keeping our skin glowing by optimizing hydration, barrier function and cell turnover, and minimizing irritation;
- Helping to repair past superficial damage to skin. You cannot repair deep damage to skin with skin care products. They don’t go deep enough.
First go back to the basics and in this order:
- AM – gentle cleanser, antioxidant, moisturizer, high SPF sunscreen
- PM – gentle cleanser, moisturizer, retinol (cream or serum)
- Stop everything else and don’t add anything else, until you are sure your skin is happy with these, then you can try adding one product at a time a few weeks apart whether it is a serum of Vitamin A or C etc.
We have tailored a Skin Gym programme so you can take the guess work out and let our personal trainer for the skin help you achieve your skin goal. Life is complicated enough as it is, let us take care of you at what we know best!